Click on our logo to view the Parent Handbook with our Day School policies.
Click here to print a copy of the two-sided Medicine Administration form to be completed and submitted to the Director.
Medicine Administration Policy
Under most circumstances, prescription and non-prescription medication should be taken before or after school, and under parent or medical supervision. If a child must receive prescription or non-prescription medication while at school, his/her parent must first submit written authorization so that trained staff can administer the medication.
The Policy to Administer Medications:
- Requires parent/guardian to complete and sign a Medication Administration Form. (See above for a printable Medication Administration form.)
- Requires that all medications brought to the Day School must be in their original packaging, with the pharmacy label (prescription) or package instructions (nonprescription) clearly intact and readable. Medications brought to school in baggies, envelopes, or other types of containers will not be accepted. If a liquid oral medication is to be administered, the parent/guardian must provide the administration device with clearly marked measurements (medicine sip-vial, medicine cup, dropper, or syringe).
- Requires all medication containers and dispensers will be stored out of the reach of children and in a locked cabinet, or refrigerator if necessary, and will be returned to parent/guardian when completed or disposed of. The Director or any trained staff who administers the medication will record date and time of medicine given to a child and notify the parent when medicine is administered if it is not scheduled to be given daily.
Prescription Medications: Physican’s written authorization is required as well as parent written authorization.
• Medication is administered in accordance with the pharmacy label directions as prescribed by the child’s health care provider.
• The instructions from the child’s parent/guardian shall not conflict with the label directions as prescribed by the child’s health care provider.
Non-Prescription (Over-the-Counter) Medications: Parent written authorization required.
• May be administered without approval or instructions from the child’s health care provider.
• Shall be administered in accordance with the product label directions on the container.
• The instructions from the child’s parent/guardian shall not conflict with the product label directions on the container
A new form is required for each medication.
Cold mediations and antibiotics will not be administered at preschool. Please give these to your child before or after school.
Emmanuel Episcopal Day School